Finally! There is a simple and effective alternative to the cosmetic surgery procedure called blepharoplasty, or the removal of excess tissue on the eyelids. No surgery, no down-time. Just brighter, well-rested eyes.
Have you noticed a change in the appearance of your eyes, where your lids are starting to droop? You may have acquired ptosis, or low-lying lids.
Acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) is a common medical condition that:
Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age.
Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the upper eyelid to droop and causing asymmetrical eyes.
May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition. It could also be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
In clinical trials, Upneeq® helped patients with acquired ptosis see more—on the first day of treatment!
87% of patients had some form of improvement.
74% of patients had at least a 50% improvement on Day 14 (2 hours after applying Upneeq®).
UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1 % contains oxymetazoline hydrochloride, an alpha adrenoceptor agonist and is FDA approved for the treatment of acquired blepharoptosis (low-lying eyelids) in adults. Acquired ptosis can develop later in life and usually occurs when muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the lid to droop. Eyelid ptosis may be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition. Eyelid ptosis can affect eyesight by not only blocking your vision, but also by reducing field of vision
Please note, Upneeq® is a prescription product. Uploading the required photos or a telemedicine consultation is required to see if you are a good candidate for this medication. If you are not deemed a good candidate, a refund will be issued.
Each prescription contains 30, 0.3 mL single use applicators in individual child-resistant foil pouches.
TSA Friendly: Yes
HOW TO USE
Apply Upneeq ® to your affected eye(s) in 2 easy steps
Step 1: Cut open foil wrapper and remove single-use vial
Step 2: Apply one drop of Upneeq ® in each affected eye as directed, once a day. Do not let the tip of the vial touch your eye or any other surface. Vials should not be re-used after opening and should be thrown away after applying drop(s).
Wash hands thoroughly before using Upneeq ®.
Shake the vial well before inserting drops.
Upneeq ® should only be used as directed.
Upneeq ® is designed to only be applied as an eyedrop.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before applying Upneeq ® eyedrops.
You may put contact lenses back in 15 minutes after applying Upneeq ®.
If more than one topical ophthalmic drug is being used, the drugs should be administered at least 15 minutes between applications.
Each vial contains enough Upneeq ® solution to allow for one drop in each affected eye. The solution should never be swallowed or ingested in any other way.
Storage requirements: Upneeq ® should be stored at 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C) and should be protected from excessive heat.
Keep out of reach of children.
UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1%
contains oxymetazoline hydrochloride, an alpha adrenoceptor agonist. UPNEEQ ® is an aseptically prepared, sterile, nonpreserved ophthalmic solution. Each mL of UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 0.1% contains 1 mg of oxymetazoline hydrochloride, equivalent to 0.09 mg (0.09%) of oxymetazoline free base. The ophthalmic solution contains the following inactive ingredients: calcium chloride, hydrochloric acid (used to adjust pH to 5.8 to 6.8), hypromellose, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium acetate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, and water for injection.
WHAT IS UPNEEQ?
UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is a prescription eyedrop used to treat low-lying lids (acquired blepharoptosis) in adults.
HOW DO I USE UPNEEQ?
- Step 1: Cut open foil wrapper and remove single-use vial,
- Step 2: Apply one drop of UPNEEQ® in each affected eye as directed, once a day. Do not let the tip of the vial touch your eye or any other surface. Vials should not be re-used after opening and should be thrown away after applying drop(s)
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before applying UPNEEQ®eyedrops
- You may put them back in 15 minutes after applying UPNEEQ®
- If more than one topical ophthalmic drug is being used, the drugs should be administered at least 15 minutes between applications
HOW MANY DAYS WILL MY UPNEEQ® PRESCRIPTION LAST?
Your Upneeq prescription comes with 30 single use droppers, that will last 30 days when used daily.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE UPNEEQ TO WORK?
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF USING UPNEEQ?
The most common adverse reactions with UPNEEQ® (occurring in 1-5% of patients) were eye inflammation, eye redness.
CAN I USE UPNEEQ (oxymetazoline) WITH OTHER EYE PRODUCTS?
Yes, but don't administer Upneeq (oxymetazoline) and other eye products in the same eye at the same time. Separate other eye drops from Upneeq (oxymetazoline) by at least 15 minutes. This makes sure your eye(s) can absorb each medication fully.
WHAT DO I DO IF I FORGET TO USE UPNEEQ FOR A DAY OR TWO?
For constant daily results, daily use is suggested. However, if you miss a day or two of use, for those days, you will not see the Upneeq® results as usage lasts about 8 hours.
Each UPNEEQ® kit arrives at your door factory-sealed by the manufacturer. The back of the box is marked with a lot number and expiration date that matches the information on the bottle.
WHAT WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH UPNEEQ®?
- UPNEEQ® is a type of medication that may affect your blood pressure. If you have heart disease, uncontrolled high or low blood pressure, or feel faint at rest or when quickly standing up, you should call your medical provider if your symptoms get worse.
- Patients with reduced blood flow to the brain or heart, or patients who experience eye or mouth dryness due to an immune system disorder (Sjögren's syndrome), should use care when taking UPNEEQ®. Call your medical provider immediately if you feel your symptoms maybe getting worse.
- UPNEEQ® may increase the risk of eye pressure due to fluid buildup(angle-closure glaucoma) in patients with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Call your medical provider immediately if you feel increased pressure in your eye after using UPNEEQ®.
- Do not let the tip of the UPNEEQ® vial touch your eye or any other surface. This can help prevent eye injury or contamination. Each UPNEEQ® vial is for one-time use and should be discarded after being used.
WHAT SHOULD MY MEDICAL PROVIDER KNOW ABOUT BEFORE PRESCRIBING ME UPNEEQ®?
- UPNEEQ® belongs to a class of medication (alpha-adrenergic agonists) that may affect your blood pressure. Use UPNEEQ® carefully if you currently take an alpha-adrenergic antagonist medication to treat heart disease or an enlarged prostate. Patients taking beta-blockers, or other medications to treat hypertension or an abnormal heartbeat, should also be careful when using UPNEEQ®.
- Patients who use a certain class of antidepressant medication (monoamine oxidase inhibitors)should also be careful when using UPNEEQ®, as it may affect the way your body absorbs the medication.
I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT UPNEEQ® AND I WANT TO RETURN IT. WHY DOES THE WEBSITE SAY THAT I CANNOT?
Federal regulations forbid accepting returns of prescription products.
I AM TRYING TO PURCHASE UPNEEQ®, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO CHECK OUT?
If you're getting a prescription for the first time, you will need to complete the secure medical intake consultation process. You are required to upload a clear photo of your full face and ID and complete a video consultation with Dr. Sheena Garner OD.
If you still have questions regarding this process, please call/text our customer support line at 713-523-7979.
WHAT TEMPERATURE CAN UPNEEQ® WITHSTAND TO REMAINSTABLE?
UPNEEQ® should be stored at 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C) and should be protected from excessive heat.
HOW DO I ORDER UPNEEQ® ONLINE?
If you have a prescription on file with us with refills remaining, you can simply log into your member account and add UPNEEQ® to your cart.
If you need a prescription, just follow the steps outlined here for an online medical consultation to see if you are a candidate: UPNEEQ® (URL link to product page). It's simple, and you can always open a chat with our customer service agents if you need help!
WHY DO I NEED A PRESCRIPTION?
UPNEEQ® is FDA-approved as a prescription treatment. It may not be safe to use for people with certain eye conditions, for example. Anyone who is selling UPNEEQ®without a prescription is selling it illegally.
WHY DO I NEED TO SEND PHOTOS AND MY ID OR COMPLETE A VIDEOCONSULTATION?
Telemedicine is a wonderful and convenient way to deal with less serious medical conditions. In order for our medical practitioners to evaluate your condition and safely prescribe UPNEEQ®, they must carefully review your medical history and examine you. Depending on state laws, a close-up photo of your entire face and separate photo of your valid government ID or a completed video consultation with Dr. Sheena Garner OD is required to safely issue you a prescription if you are deemed a good candidate. All of this information is securely stored in your electronic medical record.